Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Dinner: Medicated Chest Rub

Ewww, gross.

Don't judge, it's how I feel.

Anywho, I don't have to go to school tomorrow! Jealous? Don't be, I still have to complete two essays and create a portfolio, all of which are due on Thursday. So it's not like I get a break or anything. Not until Friday....that's when it will be time to drive up to the mountains and enjoy a good sublime landscape or two. The best that the Sierra Nevadas have the offer. Hurrah!

Now I will take this time to let you all in on a little secret that has been eluding me for years: Sleep is important.

Yep, betcha didn't see that one coming. But it's absolutely true and very helpful to apply seriously to. My dad and I were talking today about how we don't like to go to bed. I love to sleep, and I love the feeling of snuggling in bed for a while when I wake up. But for some reason going to bed at a reasonable hour (i.e. Not three in the morning) just makes my heart revolt. I can't figure out why this is, the closest I come to explaining the feeling is I just suppose I really don't want to miss something. Which is really ridiculous because what exactly is happening in my house past the hour of 10? If you guessed "Nothing" then you are the lucky winner! Collect ten points. Of course, sometimes I'm not home at a reasonable hour, and I have only my friends to blame for this. :D Actually, I just need more self-control, but whatever way you want to look at the situation, it's probably their fault. I kid, I kid.

Anyway. Perhaps, to put it in my dad's terminology, I should make the 'life choice' to go to bed at a regular time and get a regular amount of sleep. In this situation the benefits really do outweigh the costs.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

I have the same problem with sleeping at regular times. I just haven't been able to do it since I came to college. Except after a long flight. The last time I went to bed before 10, I had stayed up all night and flown across the country all morning.